Due to the particularity of its materials and use properties, wooden handicrafts are generally less cracked and not afraid of water. However, this does not mean that you can spray water on wooden crafts when cleaning wooden crafts. You should use wet rags as much as possible. Gently wipe as well!
Generally speaking, because the value of solid wood furniture is more expensive, it is more complicated to maintain solid wood furniture than to maintain ordinary materials. For wooden crafts, the specific maintenance methods have the following six points:
1. Pay attention to the maintenance of the surface of wooden handicrafts. Now the surface of ordinary furniture will be painted as a protective film. Therefore, to protect wooden crafts, it is the primary task to protect this layer of paint. Wipe gently with a soft cotton cloth every day, clean it with a damp cloth for a while, and finally apply a thin layer of light wax.
2. Avoid direct sunlight, this maintenance method is not used for wooden crafts, it is used for all furniture. Because long-term sunshine is easy to cause the furniture moisture to be dried and cracked, remember to pay attention to this detail when placing or installing furniture.
3. To avoid the use of chemical solvents to remove stains, wooden crafts due to its special use properties, easy to produce stains. If the surface of the wooden handicraft is stained, do not rub it hard, or for convenience, directly pour the chemical supplies, and wipe it off. But this not only scratched the light wax but also damaged the furniture.
4. To avoid the environment is humid, summer indoors are prone to flood, especially in the kitchen. At this time we can use thin glue to separate the wooden crafts from the ground.
5. To avoid being scratched by hard objects, there are some details, when you are cleaning or picking up things, you must be careful, should not let the hard metal products scratch the wooden crafts.
6. Away from the heat source, in the cold winter, especially in the north, people will have heating experience. However, when the group is warm, try to keep the heating equipment away from the wooden crafts 1 meter, in order to avoid the wooden crafts from being baked for a long time, so that the wood cracks, deforms and the paint film is partially deteriorated.
In addition, wooden crafts are different from general furniture, suitable for dampness, avoid drying, so wooden handicrafts are particularly suitable for exposure to the sun, air conditioning should not be blown against furniture, spring, autumn and winter should keep indoor air not dry, should be used The humidifier sprays wet, and indoor fish culture and flower cultivation can also adjust the indoor air humidity.
Wooden crafts must be stored in a moderate amount, and the objects stored in the cabinet should not exceed the door frame. If the hard plug is often squeezed, the cabinet door will be deformed.
The red wooden boards of wooden crafts are generally brittle, such as the table top and the chair. Always pay attention to prevent bumps and cracks. If you find that there is dislocation at the force when using or moving, be sure to re-gluing and sealing before use.
In order to protect the paint film from being scratched and to display the wood texture, a panel of wood crafts is generally placed on the table top, and the glass plate is separated by a small suction pad between the wooden table tops. It is not recommended to use transparent polyethylene crystal plates.
Wooden handicrafts are generally used for a long time, so it is necessary to protect the surface coating of furniture frequently. It is best to wipe it once with a little wax every three months, not only to increase the beauty of the furniture, but also to protect the wood.
To keep wooden crafts tidy, wipe the dust with clean gauze everyday. It is not advisable to use a chemical brightener to avoid damage to the paint film. In order to maintain the brightness of the furniture paint film, the walnut can be crushed, peeled, and then polished with three layers of gauze.
Prevent alcohol, banana water and other solvents from turning over. Otherwise, the surface of the furniture will be "scarred". When the surface of the furniture is stained with dirt, wash it with mild soapy water, dry it, and then wax it once to restore the original appearance, but avoid rubbing with solvent liquid such as gasoline, kerosene or turpentine, otherwise the surface will be wiped off. The gloss of the paint and lacquer.
The walnut oil used to maintain the furniture is only suitable for unpainted, waxed furniture. The frequency of use should not be too high. Generally, it can be used once every 2-3 months. In a relatively dry environment, the maintenance interval can be shortened appropriately, and it can be maintained once a month. However, you must pay attention to the amount when you use it normally. The oil has the characteristics of vacuuming. If the amount is too large, the dust will adhere and the greasy feeling will be generated.